Thursday, September 18, 2008

I did it!

After this past weekend and everything that has happened I sat and I thought how can I continue to be with someone who is suppose to love me and be my best friend but continues to do things that he knows will hurt me. I cant trust him, he does whatever he wants to and yet thinks still today that he did nothing wrong and that I am just being stupid and crazy and looking for reasons to leave the relationship.

So on Tuesday evening I told him he is a free man and that I cant do this anymore. I explained to him what I have been thinking and he still doesnt think he is wrong. Maybe it is me but I dont want a relationship like this one anymore. The unfortunate things is we are going to have to continue to live in the same house for awhile as neither one of us has the money to move on or a place. So I am upstairs and he is downstairs. It will be interesting to see how this works out. I know it will be hard but at least for my heart I knew I let him go and that he can do whatever he wants to now and I wont be the dumb wife sitting at home and getting hurt. So I will do my thing from now on as well and not worry about what he is doing and how come he isnt with us.

I know I have plenty of places to run and stay on the weekends so hopefully in the end this is going to be for the best. I will still worry about when I will get the next emergency room call or DWI call but I cant seem to help him. Whats that old saying "if you love something let it go" Well I did it.

No comments: