Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I love old people

Last night after I was done with dinner and the usual errands and cleaning up around the house I was sitting on my porch and enjoying the quiet. I live in a very small neighborhood out in the middle of no where. Across the street is a older gentleman who I just adore. He must be in his eighties and he lost his wife a couple years ago. His daughter does live next door with her husband and a couple kids. (more about her later) Any how I got to thinking as I watching him putter around his yard and looking busy. What I am going to be like at that age? Where I am going to be living? Will I be happy? and will I have done everything I want to do? To me he genuinely looks happy. Sometimes a little lonely but he keeps busy. His daughter in my eyes doesn't do enough for him and that irritate me. He mow es her yard and even gets her mail and takes her kids places. She literally does nothing. She will admit that she is lazy. Since I lost my parents I really hate to see people treat there parents like that. Any how the old man really got me wanting to get my crap together and start being happy. I am in my early 30's and I want to find myself and stop all the drama that I have seemed to fall into to. I don't think its to much to ask I think I have put my time in and you cant say I haven't tried.

When I was in middle school and early high school I volunteered at a retirement home maybe I can even start that back up. I love there stories and advise. They also know what they are talking about. I need advice anyway I can get it these days.

No comments: